Bathroom remodels are both exciting and popular. Updating your bathroom can increase your home’s value and improve your daily satisfaction in your space. Old bathrooms are subject to water damage and poor design, so they can particularly benefit from a more modern design.
The best way to bring updated, modern design into your bathrooms is with glass, which provides a functional and beautiful aesthetic that gives you clean lines, the illusion of more space, and an easy surface to clean and sanitize.
You don’t need to remodel the entire bathroom or convert your tubs and showers to integrate more glass–try glass tiles! Keep scrolling to learn why you should use glass tiles in your bathrooms.
What Are Glass Tiles?
Glass tiles are individual fired pieces of glass, finished with a translucent glaze. Glass tiles can feature a wide range of colors, textures, and finishes that will create a totally unique look for any bathroom. Glass tiles can be purchased and laid individually, or in a sheet or mosaic style.
3 Ways to Use Glass Tile
You may have seen glass tile in a showroom or a supply display. It certainly catches your eye, but how could you use it in your own home? New Concept Glass Design has a few ideas.
- Backsplash. The most popular current trend with glass tiles is to use them as statement backsplash. The funky colors and shapes of glass tile can create beautiful pops of color in an otherwise outdated space.
- Walls. The walls of a shower are a great place to showcase glass tiles. Whether you utilize the entire shower wall space or just a line of glass tiles as an accent surrounded by ceramic tile, you can add color, texture, and updated design with these tiles.
- Floor. Glass tiles aren’t the right choice for every floor, but they can make an interesting update or accent in the right bathrooms. Glass tiles can make an especially nice impact in a small powder room.
Pros of Using Glass Tile
If you’re considering a bathroom update or remodel, you’ll have to weigh the benefits of a wide range of materials before you start. Here are some of the significant benefits of glass tile for your consideration:
- Variety: Specific colors and finishes make it an incredibly versatile material.
- Sheen: The translucence of glass tile provides a beautiful glossy finish, reflecting light to make rooms appear brighter and larger.
- Cleanliness: Glass tiles are more resistant to stains, mold, and mildew. Glass is also straightforward to clean with simple soapy water.
- Zero Absorbency: Did you know that ceramic tiles still absorb water? Well, glass tiles don’t. This makes them retain their appearance and durability longer.
- Green: Glass tiles require much less energy to produce, and are often created from recycled materials. Glass tiles are also 100% recyclable at the end of their lifespan.
- Accent: Though glass tiles may cost more, many homeowners can still achieve the stunning effects of glass tiles using a smaller amount as an accent for maximum impact.
Consider New Concepts Glass Design
When you’re ready to experiment with glass tiles or other beautiful custom glass designs for your home, don’t call anyone but New Concepts Glass Design. We serve the Salt Lake City
Community and specialize in the highest quality of handcrafted home and business glass.