Are you renovating your bathroom or simply want to add an elegant touch to the space? A great place to start is by adding European shower doors.
European-style shower doors, also referred to in the industry as frameless glass doors, are a great way to improve the look and feel of your bathroom instantly. These doors are sleek, contemporary, and are a surprisingly affordable way to upgrade the space. European doors and tub surrounds are becoming more and more popular and are a common choice among homeowners in the area.
Continue reading to learn more about European doors for your showers and tubs below.
5 Benefits of European Shower Doors
There are many advantages that come with installing Euro-style shower doors in your bathrooms. Here are just some of those benefits:
- Increase Home Value — Because European shower doors are so popular and high on people’s must-have lists, they can increase the value of your property.
- The Appearance of More Space — Is your bathroom feeling a bit cramped? Euro-style doors will give your bathroom a lighter and more air look and feel. They visually enhance and expand the space without actually tearing down any walls.
- Scrap the Shower Curtain — Did you know that your shower curtain contains 60 times more bacteria than your toilet seat? Yikes! Throw your shower curtain in the trash (or possibly the incinerator!) and opt for a healthier frameless door. Moreover, European shower enclosures have fewer nooks and crannies where mildew, soap scum, and mold can grow or build up.
- Turns Any Bathroom Into a Spa-Like Retreat — Going to the spa on a regular basis may sound dreamy, but, for most people, it is probably a bit unrealistic. But by installing a European shower enclosure in your bathroom, you can feel like you are at a high-end spa every day!
- Uninterrupted Sightlines — Frameless shower doors are just that — frameless! Without frames, sightlines are uninterrupted and allow you to show off any custom tile or stonework inside your shower.
Are European Shower Doors Right for Your Bathroom?
In many cases, Euro-doors require professional measuring, design, and custom fabrication. There are some standard sizes and shapes and prefab options available, but customization allows you to get a perfect fit and utilize all of the space you can.
Frameless doors fit into many homeowners’ budgets. While they cost more than a shower curtain or even their framed counterparts, the high-end look of European doors is beyond compare; no other bathroom upgrade gives you the same level of luxury when it comes to bang for your buck.
Equally charming and ultra-modern, Euro-style shower doors are the ultimate addition to both primary bathrooms and guest bathrooms alike. The European door is ideal for homeowners looking for a streamlined, chic space and can be customized and hand-crafted to suit your tastes, vision, and space. Choose a clean, frameless design with an optional Euro-style header, or design a one-of-a-kind shower door that will elevate your bathroom to both functional and rejuvenating.
Customize Your European Shower Doors
There are no limits in terms of design when you go the customized route with frameless shower doors. Popular choices among Northern Utah homeowners include glass clamps for the finishing touches on header-less models or glass-to-glass wall-mounted doors with pivoting hinges.
Additionally, you can hand-select your hardware, like your handle and hinges, to match the rest of your bathroom aesthetic, from vintage-inspired knobs to angular, modern handles and everything in between.
Types of European Shower Doors
As previously mentioned, the options for your Euro-style door are essentially endless. The beauty of a custom shower door is that you can create exactly what you want and need for your space. But, starting your design from the ground up can be intimidating, so here are a few ideas to get you started:
- European Half Door — Keep your bathroom even more open and airy with a half door that still keeps the water in.
- Pivot Hinge Doors — Pivot hinges are typically attached at the far corners of the door, creating uninterrupted sightlines.
- Side-Mount Hinge Doors — There is no need for a header or top support bar with side-mount wall hinges, which can detract from a frameless look. These doors can also be sealed to improve water tightness.
European Shower Doors: Design and Installation
Frameless shower designs and door installations require a professional. Without proper experience, knowledge, and skill, Euro-style glass doors are prone to leaks, leading to various types of issues in your homes, such as water damage or mold. Frameless shower doors that fit perfectly will help you to avoid leaks and other issues. A leak-free design and knowing how to install them properly requires years of experience, so hiring a trusted professional is essential.
It is also smart to carefully position your drains and shower heads within your shower. Choosing a trusted glass contractor with a great track record of leak-free frameless door design and installation ensures water will end up down your drains instead of on your bathroom floor.
Want European Shower Doors in Your Bathrooms? Contact the Experts at New Concepts Glass Design Now!
If you want European shower doors in the bathrooms in your Northern Utah home, contact the glass professionals at New Concepts Glass Design.
With over three decades of industry experience, our skilled team can help your glass visions and dreams come to life. Whether you want to add frosted frameless glass doors to your showers, glass cabinet doors to your pantry, or have a totally different custom project in mind, our team can help! If you aren’t sure what exactly you want, we can even offer some help teasing out what you would like. Our team takes the time to work with every one of our customers.
We have worked tirelessly for our reputation and are proud to be Northern Utah’s leading glass company and the go-to professionals for custom glass projects in Salt Lake City, Park City, Murray, and neighboring cities throughout Utah. Contact our team today to schedule a free estimate.