Glass in bathrooms is one of the most effective ways to create an inviting and beautiful space where every member of the family will love to hang out.
Ideally, the spaces in your home should feel welcoming, luxurious, and calming. And who says the bathroom should be excluded from that list? A surefire way to achieve a luxe and pleasing feeling in your bathroom is by adding glass throughout the space. Glass is the perfect material to bring into your bathroom to take it to the next level and maximize the space.
Of course, your bathroom should be a functional zone that serves you and your family in all the necessary ways. Every home needs a functional space to bathe, brush their teeth, get ready — and unready — for the day, and more. But that doesn’t mean it can’t also be beautiful, elevated, or inviting. Bathrooms should offer you peace from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and a great way to do it is by adding bathroom glass.
Continue reading to learn ways you can add glass in bathrooms.
7 Ways to Incorporate Glass in Bathrooms
Whether you have a teeny, tiny bathroom or a huge, spacious one, we’re here to show you how to make the most of your bathroom by incorporating glass. Here’s what you need to know about adding bathroom glass:
- Glass Cabinet Doors — A favorite way to open up a bathroom, regardless of its size, is to utilize glass fronts on your cabinet doors. Glass cupboard doors instantly make a room feel larger since the space looks to go deeper.
Glass cabinet doors can also showcase pretty bathroom decor, like bath bombs, salts, soaps, fluffy folded towels, and more, which will help make your bathroom feel like a boutique resort or spa.
- Shower and Tub Surrounds — Shower curtains certainly get the job done, but the amount of bacteria and mold they can harbor is less than appetizing. There aren’t many things that beat European shower doors (frameless glass shower walls and a door) in terms of instantly modernizing and upgrading a space. Euro-style glass doors around your shower or tub can immediately transform your bathroom.
Not only will homeowners enjoy a beautifully updated bathroom with a glass tub and shower surround, but you will also like how much bigger and brighter your space instantly feels. The glass allows the light to flow freely and bounce off other surfaces to reflect light. The seamless feel of the frameless, Euro-style glass shower walls and doors won’t cut off space, making even the smallest powder room feel large.
- Glass Tiles — Many homeowners are drawn to the countless types of stone tiles available, but if you want your bathroom to pop, you can incorporate glass tiles throughout. Glass tiles offer your space a bit of sparkle and shine and a smooth surface that light can bounce off of.
Glass tiles come in various shapes, sizes, textures, and colors and can add depth to your bathroom while creating an illusion of added light to the space. Glass tiles are a great option because they go well with most styles and aesthetic preferences out there.
- Glass Accessories — A great way to use glass in your bathroom design is by incorporating a few glass accessories throughout the space. Use clear, colored, or textured glass bottles, containers, or jars to surround your countertop or tub.
Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they can also be very practical. Use these pieces to organize and store your cotton swabs, toothbrushes, bath salts, and more.
- Vanity and Full-Length Mirrors — There’s nothing new about using mirrors in the bathroom above the sink or a full-length mirror behind the door. But it can be unique and exciting when you swap standard builder-grade mirrors out for custom ones that fit your space better.
Making the switch to custom mirrors allows your design taste to shine since there are so many options when it comes to custom mirrors: framed mirrors, differently shaped mirrors, and many more options!
- Glass Shelves — Does your bathroom lack storage space? You’re not alone! There are so many bathrooms that do not have enough drawers or shelves. While over-the-toilet storage units are practical, they often look bulky and dated.
Instead, install some glass shelves to solve your storage space dilemmas without crowding valuable space.
- Frosted or Textured Glass — Privacy is an essential part of any bathroom, but putting up walls or using opaque shower curtains doesn’t do much in terms of maximizing light and space. If you want to optimize the light and space in your bathroom without compromising privacy, you should consider frosted or textured glass.
Textured or frosted glass shower walls, windows, and dividers can protect your privacy while allowing filtered light to pour into the space to keep it light and fresh. Options in textured glass include reeded, fluted, rain, ribbed, screen, and more.
Want More Bathroom Glass in Your Home? Contact New Concepts Glass!
Glass in bathrooms is one of those unique design things that are both timeless and totally on-trend, and the professionals at New Concepts Glass Design can help your glassy dreams come to life.
Our trusted team is Northern Utah’s go-to glass experts and has over 30 years of industry experience. Whether you want to add textured glass fronts to your kitchen or bathroom cabinets, glass handrails throughout your home, or want a frosted European-style shower door in your bathroom, our skilled team can help!
Aren’t sure what your vision is? That’s okay! We can offer some help, brainstorm ideas, and explore your options to ensure you find exactly what you’re looking for. Our knowledgeable team is dedicated to each of our clients and happily takes the time to work with every single one of them.
We strive to provide our clients with quality products and customer service. We work tirelessly for our impeccable reputation (we mean it— check out our reviews!) and are proud to be Northern Utah’s leading glass company. Contact the go-to professionals for your custom glass projects in Salt Lake City, Murray, Park City, and all surrounding cities for your free estimate today!